Cyber Security Engineer
- Having an experience in cyber-thread hunting
- Building security strategies, firewalls and systems unique to the company, encompassing our data, systems, hardware, components and networks.
- Troubleshooting problems associated to security and network, including handling any system breaches.
- Testing for vulnerabilities in our system and network and addressing any issues accordingly.
- Implement security measures across the company’s IT infrastructure, and ensuring our data and network is effectively protected.
- Identify and report any cyber-attacks and participate in any resulting investigation as needed.
- Knowledge of VPNs, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy, Security Audits and more.
- The ability to work autonomously, or within the larger cyber security engineer team depending on assignment/requirements.
- Administrative duties such as system reports, communications with associated departments, and team support as needed.
- Perform training and demonstrations to help our customers understand about Proof Point Cyber-security Solutions, Trend MicroEnterprise Cyber-security Solutions, and Tenable Cyber Exposure.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, IT or related subject.
- Experience with and knowledge of hardware and software, networks, data centers, systems and other related arenas related to cyber security.
- More than 10 years of experience in a cyber-security engineer or similar role (internship or apprenticeship not required but is considered a plus).
- Experience with Splunk, CyberArk, Proxmox, Open stack, Servers, Java, C++, Ruby, Python, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
- Attention to detail, QA skills, the ability to “think forward,” adept at problem solving and addressing issues and complications before they expand.
- Having certification of cyber-security such as CEH, RHEL, etc.
- Experience with managing firewalls and security software.
- Knowledge of the latest trends and awareness of current hacking techniques and cyber-crime.
- The ability to thrive in high-pressure situations and deliver results that go above and beyond.