RAN Pre sales Specialist
This role requires strong customer facing skills along with ability to work with internal engineering/sales teams, to take a customer engagement from initial pre sales discussion all the way through commercial roll out.
The successful candidate is required to have either a successful track record in technical pre-sales in the wireless telecommunications industry or in technical design/strategy development cooperate with wireless technology principle.
This is a primarily a technical role, with some acumen on knowledge of RAN/Open RAN as well as engage with sales team and technology principle to develop a technical solution to fulfill customers requirement. Only Technically strong candidates will be suitable for the role. Primary focus will be on RAN aspects. Candidates with detailed knowledge on RAN & basic working knowledge of virtualization will be preferred.
- Responsible for technical pre-sales engagement towards a customer from initial engagement, towards design completion and hand over to operations.
- Preparation of technical sales materials including collateral, BOQ (Bill of Quantity), quotation, timeline, project plan and technical solution proposals.
- Assist sales team in all phases of the selling process.
- Manage & provide direct technical input to customer RFXs/tenders.
- Work with Account managers to identify/qualify customer & prospect opportunities & define requirements
- Work with Engineering teams (internal and external) to reflect customer requirements in feature set & road map
- Excellent understand on RAN/Open RAN technology & it’s supporting (antenna system, supporting facilities/CME, radio frequency process/approval, cost structure for mandays implementation, and radio equipment pricing model to support sales team in order to build competitive commercial proposals.
- Maintain contact and open communication with customers to assist with future needs.
- Active contributor to the continuous improvement on RAN/Open RAN strategy development & deployment with technology principle.
- Work as an extension of the Sales Team in a customer facing role with base band and RAN products
- Prove and present technical information to customers from quote to close
- Evaluate the customer core and create connectivity documents
- Solve customer problems by recommending products and design suggestions
- Review customer designs for feasibility and accuracy in material
- Develop detailed bills of material for applications
- Support RFP responses
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives
- Strong computer skills. Excel macros and SQL programming a plus
General Job Requirements
- Bachelor Degree or above in Telecommunications, or more than 5 years experiences in Telecom area.
- Basic knowledge of mobile communication principles (UMTS, LTE, 5G network) structure and function of RAN elements like eNB/NB/BTS/RNC/BSC, etc.
- Understand and familiarity with new RAN future:
- 3GPP and xRAN/oRAN standards bodies along with good knowledge of xRAN/o-RAN specifications.
- ORAN, Flex-Ran, split architectures, FPGA and accelerator interfaces will be a plus
- Radio LTE/5G wireless & MEC architecture.
- 5G use cases and NB-IOT will be preferable.
- Have a good knowledge of IP networking (VLANs, subnets, routing) along with ability to interact with Customer IT teams (OSS integration) and own design as part of design discussions would be preferrable.
- Preferable to have understanding of private cellular networks, vRAN and or public cloud, Virtualization/NFVi in carrier grade environments (cover both Virtualisation and Containerization would be an advantage, etc.)
- Have a good knowledge of RAN Layer–1 and 2 support (candidates with an operation background would be a plus).
- Good multitasking abilities, with multiple concurrent customer engagements.
- Strong influencing ability capable of shaping customer thinking from engineer/specialist up to managerial levels as well as from planning, engineering up to implementation domain.
- Solid verbal, written and presentation skills at all customer levels with adequate English knowledge is preferable.
RAN Engineer/Specialist background experience.
- Design and planning of wireless radio analysis, propagation and prediction.
- Radio RF planning & optimization (radio coverage design; deploy and expansion, radio traffic engineering: dimensioning & traffic analysis, initial tuning radio, radio frequency & interference analysis, call drop analysis, access/handoff radio failures, perform RF database/parameter review and audit, including improvement & optimization plans).
- Maintain RAN SLA & KPI’s target to the customer and justify the performance of the network congestion and performing radio level statistical analysis and performance management.
- Working experience with RF planning design tools for radio analysis and create customer reports (RF predictive tools: ATOLL/Planet, inbuilding design, drive test data collection and post processing, map generation, frequency planning & interference such as: NEMO, TEMS, etc.)
- Responsible primarily for integration and evaluation of early stage Wireless Radio Access Network (RAN) related product, infrastructure and E2E solution architecture
- Monitor and benchmarking Radio system upgrade/patch implementation
- Radio infrastructure such as: Antenna system: MIMO & mMIMO, Radio BTS model: macro, micro, small and pico cell. IP knowledge preferred – VLANs, subnets, etc.